Proof of Concept Showcase
At the center of the MEF17 Networking Hall, the Proof of Concept Showcase offers an opportunity for service providers and network technology providers to spotlight innovations that promise to reshape the services & technology landscape. The goal of the Proof of Concept Showcase is to demonstrate the concepts brought forward by MEF's Third Network Vision, including the migration to orchestrated, on-demand connectivity and cloud services, LSO and Open API Development; and Open Initiatives & Industry Collaboration.
The Proof of Concept Showcase is an opportunity:
- To provide a preview of the future of global networking as it impacts a target audience of +1,000 attendees at MEF17. This includes executives and other senior professionals involved in the CE and emerging Third Network services & technology ecosystem.
- To raise awareness and educate the Business and Government communities about state-of the-art connectivity services and emerging dynamic service capabilities.
- To show your market leadership in network connectivity and value-added services in all forms, today and tomorrow, during and after the event.
Showcase Topic Suggestions
The following are just a few of many possible ideas:
- Demonstrations of MEF Third Network characteristics of agile, assured, and orchestrated services across multiple provider networks in additional to multiple technology domains
- Demonstrations of the ‘readiness’ and implementation of MEF-defined LSO Architecture, Interfaces and APIs preferably based on an OpenLSO reference implementation.
- Automated end-to-end service delivery over physical and/or SDN and NFV reference implementation demonstrating MEF’s OpenCS initiative.
Interactive, live demonstrations of Carrier Ethernet services utilizing LSO, NFV elements and/or SDN management, with connections to remote labs and live sites.
- Ethernet Access services delivered and managed across multiple service provider domains monitored by vNID functionality, etc.
- Demonstrations that combine new dynamic, bandwidth-on-demand or performance-on-demand services with cloud-based applications.
- Other ideas that show collaboration, partnership, and innovation that will support the focus of MEF17.
Third Network Proof of Concept Award
For MEF16, the Third Network Proof of Concept Award recognizes the Proof of Concept Demonstration that best showcased dynamic Third Network services delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks. These networks were based on a combination of LSO, SDN, NFV, and/or Open Source software and Open Spec hardware technology solutions that support MEF-defined services, starting with CE 2.0.
All Selected MEF17 Proof of Concept Showcase participants will be eligible to receive the Third Network Proof of Concept Award. A panel of independent judges that include experienced industry analysts will review the participant’s Showcase and score the Proof of Concept Showcases based on a set of criteria that include innovation, demonstration quality, and alignment with current MEF Work, and MEF’s Third Network and Lifecycle Service Orchestration visions. More information on the MEF17 Third Network Proof of Concept Award will be available at the launch of the Call for Proposal
Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals milestones
- Call for Proposal Opens: April, 2017
For more information