Proof of Concept Showcase
At the center of the MEF17 Networking Hall, the 4th Proof of Concept Showcase will provide an opportunity for service providers and network technology providers to spotlight innovations that promise to advance the creation of a global ecosystem of connected networks that support agile, assured, and orchestrated services.
- Team approaches are encouraged: service providers and network and service orchestration technology providers coming together to showcase the results that can be achieved when the innovators in our industry collaborate.
- Participation will be limited to a maximum of 18 demonstrations involving partnering groups or individual companies. A small panel will assess submissions, and up to 18 submissions will be selected.
Interested in submitting a proposal? Click here Deadline for submissions: 30 June 2017
PoC Showcase Objectives The Proof of Concept Showcase is an opportunity:
- To provide a preview of dynamic “Third Network” services as it impacts a target audience of more than 1,000 attendees from 275+ companies at MEF17. This includes professionals from retail, wholesale, cloud, and mobile service providers; data center providers; enterprises; government institutions; utilities; network solutions vendors; the press; investors; analyst firms; and other companies.
- To raise awareness and educate the Enterprise and Government communities about current state-of the-art Ethernet services and evolving dynamic connectivity services.
- To show your market leadership in network connectivity and service orchestration, and value-added services in all forms – today and tomorrow, during and after the event.
Showcase Topic Suggestions The following are just a few of many possible ideas:
- Demonstrations of MEF Third Network characteristics of agile, assured, and orchestrated services.
- Demonstrations of the ‘readiness’ and implementation of MEF-defined LSO Architecture, Interfaces and APIs preferably based on an OpenLSO reference implementation
- ‘North-South’ intra-provider APIs based on LSO Presto
- ‘East-West’ inter-provider APIs based on LSO Sonata
- Automated end-to-end service delivery over physical and/or SDN and NFV reference implementation demonstrating MEF’s OpenCS initiative such as Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, NFV, 5G, and other technology domains.
- Interactive, live demonstrations of Carrier Ethernet services utilizing LSO, NFV elements and/or SDN management, with connections to remote labs and live sites.
- Ethernet Access services delivered and managed across multiple service provider domains monitored by VNF functionality deployed over vCPE, etc.
- Demonstrations that combine new dynamic, bandwidth-on-demand or performance-on-demand services with cloud-based applications.
- Other ideas that show collaboration, partnership, and innovation that will support the focus of MEF17.
Showcase Format & Location
The MEF17 Showcase format will comprise of presentations in the Networking Hall Theatre and on-demand presentation at the participants’ booth inside the PoC Zones. The Showcases will be during the lunchtime and cocktail networking times.
- Rotating presentations in the Networking Hall Theater
- Each participant will have a presentation each day (up to 9 participants during lunch and up to 9 during cocktail; presentation order inverted for the second day).
- The Showcases will largely consist of live remote demonstrations with on-site presentations.
The center of the Networking Hall will be the focus and presentation points for the MEF17 Showcases with network connection to live working networks, labs and demonstration areas within the partner locations. The adjacent Networking Hall Theatre will allow participants to present to a large audience to promote more efficiently their PoC Showcase.
MEF 2017 Award - Proof of Concept
The 2017 MEF Award for Proof of Concept recognizes the Third Network Proof of Concept demonstration that best showcases dynamic Third Network services delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks. These networks should be based on a combination of LSO, SDN, NFV, and/or Open Source software and Open Spec hardware technology solutions that support MEF-defined services, starting with CE 2.0 (and possibly evolving to support Layer 3 IP and above).
All PoC Showcase participants are eligible to compete for the MEF Award for Third Network Proof of Concept that recognizes the demonstration that best showcases dynamic Third Network services delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks. A panel of judges will review the participants’ demonstrations and score them on innovation, demonstration quality, and alignment with MEF’s work and vision.
Call for Proposals milestones
- Call for Proposal Opens: 18 April, 2017
- Final Deadline for Submissions: 30 June 2017. Early submissions are encouraged
- Proposal Acceptance Notification: July 21, 2017
Call for Proposal Submission Form: MEF17 PoC Call for Proposals
- The cost for sponsor participation is solely to recover the costs of construction of the showcase area, a large screen theater area, supporting logistics, Internet connections, and other Showcase-related items.
- The cost will be $10,500 per participating group or individual organization.
- The MEF will subsidize the remaining costs of the Showcase. There is no additional sponsor fee required, but a minimum of Bronze Level sponsorship of MEF17 is needed for all participating vendors. This does not apply to Enterprise or Service Providers participating in a Vendor PoC.
For more information